Join us for the 5th Annual Steps for Vets, the kick-off to our 20th anniversary celebration! We will have a safe, physically distanced in-person event at Freestone Park in Gilbert. You can join us in person or virtually from your own neighborhood. Help us take steps to end veteran homelessness in Maricopa County by sponsoring the event or creating a team.
For 20 years, U.S.VETS — Phoenix has held tightly to the mission of successfully transitioning military veterans and their families by providing housing, counseling, career development and comprehensive support.
All participants will receive a Steps for Vets
T-Shirt and Medallion.
For questions contact Kristen Kerns at firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-448-1235.
Click above for the full sponsorship form.
Due to COVID-19 there will be changes in place to keep everyone safe.
- There will be staggered starts with assigned arrival times. Participants will not be allowed in the event area until their assigned arrival time. Time slots will start at 6:30am and go every 10 minutes until 8:00am. There will be a max of 40 people allowed to sign up for each time slot.
- There will be no water or Gatorade coolers out on the course or in the event area. We will only supply bottled water on the course. The event area will have bottled water and pre-packaged food.
- All staff will have masks and gloves.
- Participants will be required to wear a mask in the event area but not out on the course.
- There will be no awards ceremony. Age group awards will be mailed out following the race.
If, for some reason, we are forced to cancel this event, all registered participants will be given the following options:
- Transfer to virtual event