U.S.VETS — Phoenix is excited to announce that it has identified its new permanent home and will relocate from our current facility on Grand Avenue to a new campus in North Phoenix. This project has received support from the City of Phoenix, Arizona Department of Housing, Governor Doug Ducey’s Office, Thunderbirds Charities, the Home Depot Foundation, and the Garcia Family Foundation.
The new location will provide 152 transitional housing beds for veterans experiencing homelessness and 50 low-income rental units, an increase from 30. This site will serve as a model, therapeutic community that provides veterans with the tools they need to regain their dignity and build better futures for themselves and their families.
Learn more about Phoenix’s New Place to Call Home by clicking the downloadable PDF.
- 50 Low-income rental apartments
COMMUNITY AMENITIES AND SPACES
- 152 Transitional Living Beds
- Career center
- Therapeutic community garden
- Commercial kitchen
- Telehealth and counseling rooms
- Service Dog Play Area
- Target population: Homeless, disabled, and low-income veterans
- Building Purchase: $10.5M. Secured thanks to the City of Phoenix
- Renovation/Upgrade Budget: $7M
- Grand Opening: 2021